Experience the Calmness, Serenity and Deep Peace Within
Deeply Connected to the Calm Oasis of your True Self.
You’ve probably had experiences where you felt wonderfully peaceful – timeless moments in your fast paced world when you settled into a deeper calmness inside yourself.
Maybe it was on a southern beach watching the sun go down, during a quiet time after a hard day’s work, in a period of reminiscence of a loved one or in even midst of a spiritual epiphany.
There was lightness to your being. You felt refreshed, relaxed and awake. The present moment of “being here now” was beautiful…but for some reason it faded.
You fell back into one or more of these reactions to daily stress: the constant monkey mind chatter, the tension in your shoulders, the queasy stomach, the irritability, the worrying and the sense of being on edge, emotional, scattered or being lost in it all.
You might have found yourself thinking things like:
If only I had a different job
If only I had a different partner
If only I was 15 pounds lighter
If only I lived somewhere else
…or even tried to get the connection to yourself back through: reading some self-help books about relaxation or managing your thoughts, “unloading” your feelings with friends, or taking a bit too much alcohol or that other stuff.
…or taken another vacation only to come back home and once again be at the mercy of your fast-paced life.
What would it be like to enter into the true spirit of Easter...that of renewal and rejuvenation?
Let go of the darkness of winter and bring in new light for the rest of 2018.
Experience the optimism and clarity centred in the calm oasis of your true self?
How about doing Easter differently this year!
Here’s a possibility to consider …the next
Clear Mind / Pure Heart
March 30- April 1, 2018
In this three day retreat, you will learn the basic essential techniques of meditation distilled from ancient practices and placed in a western context without the dogma or jargon of religious belief.
You will understand the science of how stress manifests in your body and is a major contributor to most of our modern health problems. You will learn to access at will, the “relaxation response” like a “re-set button” that re-establishes the equilibrium of physical relaxation, emotional calm, and mental alertness. You will experience how the “deep rest” that meditation gives is an antidote to the constant tension in your life.
By the end of the retreat you will have acquired a daily practice of meditation that when practiced over time can free you from the constant disabling chatter of the mind and help you access inner serenity, happiness and joy.
"Meditation frees individuals from the tenacious preoccupation with the past and future and allows them to fully experience life's precious moments" Daeja Napier, founder of the Insight Meditation Center, Boston
Features of the retreat:
- Delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals
- Accommodation for 2 nights in a secluded rural retreat centre
- Guided meditations that you then do on your own
- Silent sitting and walking periods
- Instruction on:
- The scientific basis of meditation
- The basic techniques of meditation: and their most effective applications
- How to elicit the “relaxation response” at will
- Simple relaxing yoga and movement instruction
- Crucial prepatory practice often missed in meditation instruction that quickly puts you in the “meditative zone”
- How to use breathing to deepen your serenity
- A special Easter ceremony to let go of the stress of winter and launch your new aspirations for the rest of 2018!
- A Guided Meditation CD that you can use to reinforce your practice at home.
In addition, for an additional cost.there will be an option to receive a 1/2 hour 2018 reading from an intuitive soul reader while at the retreat.
Although subjective results cannot be guaranteed, these are the common experiences people have on the retreat:
- Physical relaxation
- Emotional calmness
- Heightened mental alertness and clarity
- Inner happiness not dependent on outer circumstance
- Improved concentration
- More detachment from “mind chatter” and worry
- A deeper connection to your “true being”
- An expansion and stabilization of a prior spiritual experience
- More balanced energy
- A sense of inner wholeness
This retreat will be a fit for you if you:
- Would like to do the Easter weekend differently and want time to uwind, relax and experience a deeper serenity within.
- Are a beginning meditator or have done some meditation before and want to establish a daily practice to bring calmness and centredness into your daily life.
- Have an estabished meditation practice and are open to try some different approaches to meditation and the unique form of paired self-inquiry taught on the retreat.
- Are looking to follow a non-dogmatic spiritual path without having to follow a guru.
- Yearn to let go of stress from the past and experience opitimism and new possiblity for the future.
- Feel an inner pull to connect more intimately with your true self.
NOTE: the retreat will not be fully silent. Although there will be some extended silent periods, talking will be allowed at some meal and break times. There will also be communication during the paired self-inquiry exercises.
“Before the retreat I was stressed out, confused, sad, tired feeling far away from myself. Now I have a calm, clearer sense of myself, knowing that I can be who I want to be just because I want to be it and the universe supports me…that is enough. I have a slowness that I was looking for. I feel rooted in my body, healthy and really well rested”
Meera Sethi, Artist, Toronto
Date: March 30, (5 pm) to April 1, (4 pm) 2018
Location: The Ecology Retreat Centre, (Near Orangeville, Ontario)
(Upfront) Cost: $295.00 (plus HST) for 6 meals and two night's lodging plus a ***Pay from the Heart*** donation. (Read details below)
***Pay from the Heart***
I am committed to making the retreat financially accessible to everyone. The upfront cost is the cost of your meals and accommodation. At the end of the retreat, you will be given the opportunity to make a contribution for my facilitation based on the perceived value of what the retreat was worth to you. This contribution can be a onetime donation or monthly deposits. I trust that you will get in touch with the long term benefit of the retreat to your life and make your decision honestly. Normally a retreat of this nature with meals, accommodation and facilitation costs included would be priced from $575 to $650
Hi. This is me Russell Scott. I am one of the new generation of "no dogma teachers" and the author of the acclaimed book: "Awakening the Guru in You". I'm a former radio talk show host for A2Zen Radio and I've led over 200 retreats internationally for the past 30 years. Many years ago I left the corporate world as a successful enrollment director for a national scholarship foundation to work as a counselor in a treatment centre in Northern Ontario and then moved on to own the Ecology Retreat Centre near Orangeville where I pioneered programs in green building, sustainable living and spiritual awakening. As an “Awakening mentor” I've helped 1000’s of people in my one-to-one and group programs break through past limitations so that they can walk in the beauty, honesty and magnificence of who they really are. I have to say that my greatest joy in life is watching people fall off their seats in fits of laughter when they realize their true nature.